In this post you find the older release notes for Troi URL Plug-in for FileMaker Pro.
Troi URL Plug-in versions for FileMaker Pro 11, 12 and 13
Version 4.0 for FileMaker 11, 12 and 13 (June 24th, 2014)
- Compatible with FileMaker Pro 13 and 64-bit
- Tested and made compatible with FileMaker Pro 13, including 13.0v3.
- Added support for 64-bit architecture: On Windows there are now 2 plug-ins: Troi_URL.fmx (for 32-bit) and Troi_URL.fmx64 (for 64-bit).
NOTE Only Filemaker Server and FileMaker WebDirect are 64-bit processes and require the Troi_URL.fmx64 version to be installed. On OS X the 32-bit and 64-bit version is a single universal plug-in.
- IMPORTANT This plug-in drops support for Windows XP (the plug-in will no longer load on XP). On Mac OS X the minimum system is now OS X 10.6.8 (the plug-in will not load on 10.5 and earlier).
- When running under 64-bit the TURL_Get, TURL_Post functions have no progress dialog implemented. Currently this not needed too, as on FileMaker Server no UI can be shown anyway.
- Improved the Twitter example file: it is now alsways using a secure https connection for posing tweets, as Twitter switched off posting via the (less secure) http protocol.
- Improved the example file FillForm: it is now easier to set the username and password and to specify an encoding switch.
- (Mac OS X) Improved the flash dialog, it is now implemented as a Cocoa dialog and 64-bit compatible.
- Several small corrections in the Read Me file and example files.