Troi Automatisering releases Troi Dialog Plug-in 5.5.7 for FileMaker Pro 12
Alphen aan den Rijn, The Netherlands, January 14th, 2013--Troi Automatisering today announced the immediate availability of Troi Dialog Plug-in 5.5.7 for FileMaker Pro 12.
What is Troi Dialog Plug-in?
Troi Dialog Plug-in is a very powerful tool for
displaying all sorts of dialogs in FileMaker Pro 12. The text
of the dialog and of the buttons can be created dynamically
by using a calculation. All from within FileMaker you
- show an input dialog to let a user input data in up
to 15 fields and up to 4
- choose these input fields to be any of the following:
simple text, password field, popup list or check box
- show a list dialog or very big text dialog
- show temporary flash screens
- show a progress bar for lengthy operations
- add a standard icon or your own custom icons, including transparent PNGs
- present a slideshow of images and movies fullscreen
What is new in version 5.5.7?
Troi Dialog Plug-in 5.5.7 is a maintenance release, it has these changes:
- Tested and made compatible with FileMaker Pro 12. The example files are now also available in the new .fmp12 format.
- Tested and made compatible with Windows 8.
- (Mac OS X) Rewrote the plug-in to prevent a crashing bug, which occurred when Troi Dialog Plug-in was installed in 2 separate places.
- (Mac OS X) Fixed a bug in FileMaker Pro 12 where the standard icons could look grayed out.
- (Mac OS X) Fixed a problem with the Dial_ProgressBar function: the progress dialog will now reappear if you do a 'incr' command after the dialog is automatically removed by the plug-in (after the defunct timeout has passed). This is the same behavior as on Windows.
- Added new switch "-GetPluginInstallPath" to the Dial_Version function: this switch will return the path where a plug-in is installed, for example "/Mac HD/Users/User Name/Library/Application Support/FileMaker/Extensions/Troi_Dialog.fmplugin".
- give your users better and flexible feedback
- show quick instructions without the user having to
dismiss the dialog
- build multi-language systems more easily
- make your solutions look more professional by using
your own icons and title bars in dialogs
- control the way users type in data: you can, for
example, let them type more than 10 and less than 40
- show a slideshow of images selected from a found set, for example all images with water as a keyword
- measure time like for a race or the efficiency of 2 differently implemented scripts.
All these features also work in a runtime solution. We invite you to test drive the new
functions and see what you can do with it!
Pricing & availability
A fully functional demo version of Troi Dialog Plug-in 5.5.7
is available for downloading at Troi's web site at: <http://www.troi.com/software/dialogplugin.html>.
Troi Dialog Plug-in 5.5.7 works with FileMaker Pro 10, 11 and 12. The plug-in can also be
used with runtimes from FileMaker Pro Advanced 10, 11 or 12. The plug-in is available for Mac OS X and Windows.
On Mac OS X the plug-in runs in 10.5.7 or higher (Leopard), 10.6.x (Snow Leopard), 10.7 (Lion) or 10.8 (Mountain Lion). The plug-in also runs on Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 or 8. QuickTime 7 or later is needed for the Dial_PresentImage() function.
Licenses cost US$ 59 per user. Details on
developer licenses and multi-user packs can be found on
our web site. You can order licenses from our web site.
Upgrading to version 5.5.7 is free for all users of version 5.5.x. Troi Dialog Plug-in v5.5.7 works with the same 5.5 registration string.
Users who bought a license for Troi Dialog Plug-in on or after February 1st, 2008 are still entitled to a free upgrade. We
have emailed these registered users a new registration string in March 2010.
Upgrades from licenses bought before February 1st, 2008 are available from US$ 29
per user. You can order upgrades from our web site.
About Troi Automatisering
Troi Automatisering is leading developer of cross
platform FileMaker Pro plug-ins and winner of the FileMaker
Pro Excellence Award 2001. For more information, visit our
web site at: