Troi Automatisering releases Troi Dialog Plug-in 6.0 for FileMaker Pro 13
Alphen aan den Rijn, The Netherlands, March 11th, 2015--Troi Automatisering today announced the immediate availability of Troi Dialog Plug-in 6.0 for FileMaker Pro 13.
What is Troi Dialog Plug-in?
Troi Dialog Plug-in is a very powerful tool for
displaying all sorts of dialogs in FileMaker Pro 13. The text
of the dialog and of the buttons can be created dynamically
by using a calculation. All from within FileMaker you
- show an input dialog to let a user input data in up
to 15 fields and up to 4
- choose these input fields to be any of the following:
simple text, password field, popup list or check box
- show a list dialog or very big text dialog
- show temporary flash screens
- show a progress bar for lengthy operations
- add a standard icon or your own custom icons, including transparent PNGs
- present a slideshow of images and movies fullscreen
What is new in version 6.0?
Version 6.0 adds several new features:
More detailed information on all changes and improvements implemented in Troi Dialog Plug-in 6.0 and earlier can be found at: http://www.troi.com/software/dialoghistory.html
- Improved the Dial_InputDialog function: popups can now display values from a second value list. For this we updated the Dial_SetPopup function: there is now an optional last parameter, which sets the second value list. When set for a popup, the plug-in automatically displays the second value list, but returns the corresponding value from the first popup list. You can use this for example with a list of ItemIDs and a list of ItemDescriptions. The descriptions are shown to the user, while the ID is returned.
- Updated the Dial_GetPopup function: when you add the switch "-SecondValueList" the plug-in returns the second value list for that popup.
- Added the switch -AllowMultipleSelection to the Dial_ListDialog function: this allows the user to select multiple items from the list. Command-a (Mac OS X) or control-a (Windows) can be used to select all items. The selected items are returned separated by the pipe character. Also added the possibility to preselect multiple items.
- Improved the Dial_InputDialog and Dial_BigInputDialog functions: added support for undo (command-z), redo (command-shift-z), copy (command-c), paste (command-v), cut (command-x) and select all (command-a) keyboard shortcuts in the edit fields.
- Rewrote the code in several areas and made it more future proof.
- give your users better and flexible feedback
- show quick instructions without the user having to
dismiss the dialog
- build multi-language systems more easily
- make your solutions look more professional by using
your own icons and title bars in dialogs
- control the way users type in data: you can, for
example, let them type more than 10 and less than 40
- show a slideshow of images selected from a found set, for example all images with water as a keyword
- measure time like for a race or the efficiency of 2 differently implemented scripts.
All these features also work in a runtime solution. We invite you to test drive the new
functions and see what you can do with it!
Pricing & availability
A fully functional demo version of Troi Dialog Plug-in 6.0
is available for downloading at Troi's web site at: http://www.troi.com/software/dialogplugin.html.
Troi Dialog Plug-in 6.0 works with FileMaker Pro 10, 11, 12 and 13. The plug-in can also be
used with runtimes from FileMaker Pro Advanced 10, 11, 12 or 13. The plug-in is available for Mac OS X and Windows.
On Mac OS X the plug-in runs in 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard), 10.7 (Lion), 10.8 (Mountain Lion), 10.9 (Mavericks) or 10.10 (Yosemite). The plug-in also runs on Windows Vista, Windows 7 or 8.x. QuickTime 7 or later is needed for the Dial_PresentImage() function.
Licenses cost US$ 59 per user. Details on
developer licenses and multi-user packs can be found on
our web site. You can order licenses from our web site.
For users who bought a license on or after February 1st, 2014 the upgrade is free. We have emailed all eligible customers a new registration string.
Upgrades from licenses bought before February 1st, 2014 are available from US$ 35
per user. You can order upgrades from our web site.
About Troi Automatisering
Troi Automatisering develops professional iOS apps, is a leading developer of cross
platform FileMaker Pro plug-ins and winner of the FileMaker
Pro Excellence Award 2001. For more information, visit our
web site at: