Troi Automatisering releases Troi File Plug-in 5.0 for FileMaker Pro 11
Updated File Plug-in for FileMaker Pro 11 adds support for FileMaker styled paths.
Alphen aan den Rijn, The Netherlands, June 21st,
2010--Troi Automatisering today announced the immediate availability of Troi File Plug-in 5.0 for FileMaker Pro 11.
What is Troi File Plug-in?
Troi File Plug-in is a very powerful tool for getting
access to information outside the FileMaker Pro database.
Any files or folders stored on the computer can be accessed
through the functions of the plug-in. All from within
FileMaker Pro you can:
- get data from files that are on the disk of the
computer into FileMaker Pro
- create files anywhere on the hard disk and put data
from FileMaker fields into them
- manipulate files and folders on the disk: this
includes creating, deleting, copying, moving and
modifying files and folders
- get the size on disk, creation and modification dates and much more
- launch and reveal files directly from FileMaker Pro
- manage your images and movies, and read and write IPTC and Exif metadata to JPEG images
What is new in version 5.0?
Troi File Plug-in 5.0 is an update for FileMaker 11 and Windows 7. It has these fixes and new features:
- Made compatible with FileMaker Pro 11.
- Added compatibility with Windows 7.
- Made compatible with FileMaker styled paths, like for example "filemac:/MacHD/folder/file.txt". Each path parameter can now be a FileMaker styled path, but you can still use the FileSpec formats of previous versions of Troi File Plug-in.
- Improved Drag and Drop functionality: you can now specify up to two drag destination rectangles (even on the same window), each drag can trigger a different script.
- Added new function: TrFile_GetTypeOfItem, which provides an easy way to see if a path points to a folder or file.
- Added support for RAW files in TrFile_CreateThumbnail: it can now create a thumbnail from the (large) thumbnail embedded in the RAW file.
The plug-in can also return the full size thumbnail embedded in a RAW file with the switch "-GetFullSizeRawThumbnail".
- You can now get the creation date and modification date of a folder using the TrFile_GetDateCreated and TrFile_GetDateModified functions.
- You can now set the creation and modification date of a folder using the TrFile_SetTimestampCreated and TrFile_SetTimestampModified functions.
- (Windows) Fixed a problem with TrFile_ExecuteShell always returning a timeout error $$-4230 even if the executed process terminated on time.
- (Windows) Improved TrFile_ExecuteShell, including improved error handling.
- (Mac OS X) Fixed a problem when creating a temporary file on a remote disk, which could result in a $$-5000 (afpAccessDenied) error. This error could occur in several functions:
TrFile_CreateThumbnail, TrFile_SetMetaData and TrFile_Substitute.
- (Mac OS X) Fixed a bug in TrFile_MoveFile function that could lead to a crash of FileMaker and removed calls to an older ResolveAlias function.
This change will also fix potential problems in other functions that have a full path as parameter.
- (Mac OS X only) Added support for ColorSync in TrFile_CreateThumbnail: this function can now create a thumbnail in the sRGB color space.
- Improved the TrFile_MetaData function: When retrieving GPS metadata the Altitude reference now returns the correct sea level value.
- For Solution developers: Added new switch to TrFile_Version: -UnregisterPlugin. This will remove the registration data. The plug-in will be in an unregistered state after this.
- Updated the User Guide, and also fixed an incorrect example in the User Guide and Overview.fp7
- Updated several example files to reflect the new functionality.
More detailed information on all of the changes and improvements implemented in Troi File Plug-in 5.0 can be found at: <http://www.troi.com/software/filehistory.html>.
All features and functions also work in a runtime solution. The plug-in adds 62 functions to FileMaker Pro, giving you limitless possibilities in managing the world outside the database. We invite you to test drive the new
functions and see what you can do with
Pricing & Availability
A fully functional demo version of Troi File Plug-in 5.0 is available for downloading at Troi's Web site at:
Troi File Plug-in 5.0 works with FileMaker Pro 9, 10 and 11. The plug-in can also be used with runtimes from FileMaker Pro Advanced 9, 10 or 11. The
plug-in is available for Mac OS X 10.5.7 or higher, Windows XP Professional, Home Edition (SP 3), Windows Vista or Windows 7.
QuickTime 7 or later is needed for some image related functions.
Licenses cost US$ 89 per user. Details on developer licenses and multi-user discounts can be found on
our web site. You can order licenses from our web site.
FileMaker Server requirements
Troi File Plug-in 5.0 also works with FileMaker Server 9, 10 or 11 as a server-side plug-in and as a plug-in used by the web publishing engine. To use this, you need to purchase a special cross-platform Server/Web license which costs US$ 399.
We have prepared extensive information on how to install and use Troi Plug-ins server-side and web-side on this web page:
Users who bought a license for Troi File Plug-in on or after January 29th, 2009 are entitled to a free upgrade. We
will email these registered users a new registration
Upgrades from licenses
bought before January 29th, 2009, are available from US$ 49
Upgrade prices for other licenses can be found on our web site. You can order upgrades from our web site.
About Troi Automatisering
Troi Automatisering is leading developer of cross
platform FileMaker Pro plug-ins and winner of the FileMaker
Pro Excellence Award 2001. For more information, visit our
web site at:
2408 MX Alphen aan den Rijn