overview | download
Troi Dialog Plug-in 6.0
FileMaker Pro 10 through 13 compatible
Troi Dialog plug-in adds powerful dialog
functions to FileMaker Pro.
New version 6.0
March 11th, 2015 Today we released Troi Dialog Plug-in 6.0, the new version of our flexible dialog showing plug-in. Version 6.0 adds several new features:
- Improved the Dial_InputDialog function: popups can now display values from a second value list. The selected value from the first value list is returned. You can use this for example with a list of ItemIDs and a list of ItemDescriptions. The descriptions are shown to the user, while the ID is returned. To allow for this we updated the Dial_SetPopup function: there is now an optional last parameter secondPopupValues, which sets the second value list. When set for a popup, the plug-in automatically displays the second value list, but returns the corresponding value from the first popup list.
- Updated the Dial_GetPopup function: when you add the switch "-SecondValueList" the plug-in returns the second value list for that popup.
- Added the switch -AllowMultipleSelection to the Dial_ListDialog function: this allows the user to select multiple items from the list. Command-a (Mac OS X) or control-a (Windows) can be used to select all items. The selected items are returned separated by the pipe character. You can also preselect multiple items.
- (Mac OS X) Improved the Dial_InputDialog and Dial_BigInputDialog functions: added support for undo (command-z), redo (command-shift-z), copy (command-c), paste (command-v), cut (command-x) and select all (command-a) keyboard shortcuts in the edit fields.
On the version history page you can find the complete
list of changes of this and previous versions.
Troi Dialog Plug-in 6.0 runs natively with FileMaker Pro 13 and FileMaker Pro Advanced 13, but also with FileMaker Pro 10, 11 and 12.
IMPORTANT This version drops support for Windows XP (the plug-in will no longer load on XP). On Mac OS X the minimum supported system is now OS X 10.6.8 (the plug-in will not load on 10.5 and earlier).
Download the 6.0 demo version here.
"I will never understand why some professionals use FileMaker without TROI Dialog and TROI File!" Dr. Christopher Busch, team busch GmbH, Hamburg, Germany
Product updates for licenses bought on
or after February 1st, 2014, are FREE: eligible users have been
sent a new registration string. Upgrades from licenses bought before February 1st, 2014, are available from US$ 35 per user. Upgrade prices for other licenses can
be found here.
Real dialogs that you completely control
Troi Dialog Plug-in adds powerful dialog functions to FileMaker Pro:
- show dialogs with variable text and up to 4
- show temporary flash screens
- show a progress bar for lengthy operations
- show a list dialog
- show a big input dialog
- present images and movies fullscreen
- get the current date and time, including the fractions of a second
- let a user input text through a dialog with up to
- choose these input fields to be any of the following:
simple text, password field, popup list or check box
- mix these input field types as you see fit
- pre-enter text into all input fields
- have the results of the dialog put into fields
- position the dialog box anywhere on the screen
- add a standard icon or your own icons, in standard size or extra large
- add a custom icon from a PNG image, including transparency
- set the text for the dialog title bar
- and more...
"Buying the Developer's
License for the Dialog plug-in was the
best FMP-related investment I've ever made!" Kieren
Richard MacMillan, head database developer of Kierencom, Toronto, Canada.
Give database users the precise feedback they need
You can use any calculation to specify the text and the
labels of the dialogs. This enables you to give database
users more detailed information, including text from
Show image slideshows
Troi Dialog Plug-in can also present images and movies fullscreen. You can present an image from a container but also a list of files on disk. Present your own slideshow from within FileMaker Pro!
Try Troi Dialog Plug-in before
These are just a few highlights of what the plug-in can
do for you. More information can be found on the Dialog details page.
You are invited to test the plug-in before you pay: the
plug-in demo you download is fully functional.
Troi Dialog Plug-in 6.0 works with FileMaker Pro 10, 11, 12 or 13. The
plug-in also can be used with runtimes from FileMaker Pro Advanced 10, 11, 12 or 13.
The plug-in is available for Mac OS X and Windows. On Mac you'll need Mac OS X 10.6.8 or later. Windows requirements are Windows Vista, 7 or 8.x.
Troi Dialog Plug-in 6.0 costs US $59,-- per
Order it from our online
For more detailed price and for upgrade information see the
download or the Dialog Plug-in
Dialog Plug-in here