Updated script triggering plug-in for FileMaker Pro 19.3 runs native on Apple Silicon.
Lienden, the Netherlands, July 20, 2021–Troi today announced the immediate availability of Troi Activator Plug-in 7.0 for FileMaker Pro 19.3.
What is Troi Activator Plug-in?
Troi Activator Plug-in is a very powerful tool for triggering scripts remotely. All from within FileMaker you can:
- trigger a FileMaker script on a different computer (remotely)
- trigger a FileMaker script over internet
- use the built-in security to prevent unauthorized triggering
- send a number (e.g. a record ID) and a long text with the trigger
- start and stop listening for remote trigger messages with one script step
- communicate with databases in different FileMaker versions or even runtimes
Except from remote triggering you can also use the Activator Plug-in for:
- triggering a script on a specified date and time
- scheduling events which trigger any script you want
- running a script from any FileMaker calculation, for example a tooltip calculation
- trigger a FileMaker script when a file or folder is added to a folder
- validating fields on exiting a record with a custom script suited to your specific needs
What is new in version 7.0?
Troi Activator Plug-in 7.0 has the following new functionality:
- Tested and made compatible with Claris FileMaker Pro 19.3.
- (macOS) The plug-in now runs natively on Apple Silicon: made the plug-in a Universal binary by adding code for the arm64 architecture of macOS.
- Tested and made compatible with macOS 11.4 (Big Sur).
- Tested and made compatible with Windows 10 version 20H2 (October 2020 Update) and version 21H1 (May 2021 Update).
- (Windows) Added echo functionality to the HTTP server when running on Windows. The plug-in will echo back the HTTP request, including the method and headers used. This can help with debugging an HTTP problem. The response can be either plain text or HTML formatted.
- Improved script triggering in several functions: the plug-in now also triggers scripts where the filename parameter contains a period in the name and the (.fmp12) extension was not included (the FileMaker function “Get(Filename)” will not include the extension).For example if the filename parameter given is “Contacts1.0” the plug-in now adds the .fmp12 extension, resulting in “Contacts1.0.fmp12”.
- (Windows) Improved the Actr_AddFolderTrigger function: the memory handling is more efficient and robust.
Version 7.0 also has the following changes and improvements:
- Changed a possible error code that can be returned by the Add Folder Trigger script step or the Actr_AddFolderTrigger function: when you hit the maximum number of folder triggers the plug-in now returns $$-4403 (kErrMaxNumberOfFolderTriggers). This was $$-4295, but this error code could also be returned by the Troi File Plug-in in a different situation (kErrCantOpenItem).
- (macOS) Improved compatibility when running FileMaker Pro 19 in dark mode, the flash dialog is now more visible.
- (macOS) Improved loading the plug-in with runtime apps created with FileMaker Pro 18.
- (macOS) If the plug-in can’t load a bundle at start-up, the plug-in will now write a detailed error to the system.log. See the Console.app in this case (search for FileMaker in the system.log).
- Updated the plug-in to use the latest libraries or modern frameworks where possible.
- IMPORTANT (macOS only) The minimum supported FileMaker version is now FileMaker Pro 16. Also the minimum supported macOS version is now macOS 10.13 (High Sierra).
Pricing & Availability
A fully functional demo version of Troi Activator Plug-in 7.0 is available on the Activator Plug-in page.
Version 7.0 needs a new registration. The upgrade is free for users who bought a license for Troi Activator Plug-in on or after April 2, 2020. Eligible users will be sent a new registration. Contact us if you have not received yours after July 23, 2021.
Upgrades from licenses bought before April 2, 2020 are available from US$ 49 per user. Upgrade prices for other licenses can be found in the shop. You can order upgrades there.