In this post you find the older release notes for Troi File Plug-in for FileMaker Pro.
Version 9.0.1 (for FileMaker 12 to 16) (June 19, 2017)
- (Windows) Fixed a bug with the TrFile_DragAndDrop function which prevented drag and drop when running FileMaker Pro 16.
- Improved the DragAndDrop.fmp12 example file: the calculation for the bounds of the three drag zones are improved when running FileMaker Pro 16.
Version 9.0 (for FileMaker 12 to 16) (May 9, 2017)
- Tested and made compatible with FileMaker Pro 16.
- Added new TrFile_GetFolderSize function, which can get the total size (in bytes) of a folder.
- Added new TrFile_AppendContentsToFile function, which can append text to the end of a specified (text) file.
- Added new TrFile_SetContentsOfFile function, which can set the contents of a specified (text) file.
- (Mac OS) Added new TrFile_SetFinderComment function, which can set the text of a Finder comment (also called Spotlight comment) of a specified file or folder. You can see the comment with the Get Info command in the Finder.
- Renamed the TrFile_MetaData function to TrFile_GetMetaData, as to better reflect its functionality.
- Added possibility to use a container as the source parameter for the TrFile_GetMetadata function.
- Improved the TrFile_DragAndDrop function: you can now specify three different drop zones with the TrFile_DragAndDrop function.
Extra features when running FileMaker Pro 16
- The File Plug-in adds multiple script steps when running FileMaker Pro 16.
You can select these script steps in the script steps pane in Script Workspace, or you can begin typing the script step name, then choose the script step from the list that appears.
The script steps significantly expand the possible actions you can perform with FileMaker Pro. The following 36 script steps are added:
- Append to File
- Get File Contents with Dialog
- Enable/Disable Troi File Plug-in
- Copy File
- Copy Folder
- Create Alias
- Create File
- Create Folder
- Create Thumbnail
- Create Zip
- Delete File
- Delete Folder
- Add DragAndDrop Handler
- Execute Shell
- Insert in File
- Launch File
- Launch Application
- Mount Disk
- Move File
- Move Folder
- Open Folder
- Reveal File
- Reveal Folder
- Show Save File Dialog
- Show Select File Dialog
- Show Select Folder Dialog
- Set Contents of File
- Set File Attribute
- Set Finder Comment
- Set MetaData of Image File
- Set Timestamp Created
- Set Timestamp Modified
- Stop DragAndDrop Handlers
- Substitute In File
- Unmount Disk
NOTE Only steps that perform an action have been added as a script step. Functions that just return information (like for example TrFile_GetFileSize) are only available as an external function.
- Added new example file CreateFile-for-FMP16.fmp12, which demonstrates how to use the new external script steps of FileMaker Pro 16.
- Added support for online help for the functions and script steps of the plug-in. You can now easily get online help from the Troi website, by clicking the Help button (the small question mark button) next to the function description in the functions pane or the script step description in the script steps pane.
- (Mac OS X) Fixed a problem with the TrFile_DragAndDrop function when dragging mail: email messages with a semicolon (“;”) in the subject of the email are now handled properly.
- Several bug fixes and further improvements.
- Updated the Attribute.fmp12 example file.
- Made various minor changes to the example files to better work with FileMaker Pro 16.
- Updated the code by adding improved namespace handling to make the plug-in more robust.
Version 8.6.1 (for FileMaker 12 to 15) (January 20, 2017)
- (Windows) Improved the handling of certain ZIP files with the TrFile_UnZIP function: the plug-in will now implicitly create a folder when items in the ZIP file are in a subfolder, but that subfolder itself is not present.
- Improved TrFile_MetaData( “-GetPDFDescription”): the plug-in can now better parse newer PDF versions, like PDF 1.7. And if there is a parsing error the plug-in returns the partial data.
- (Mac OS X) Improved TrFile_MetaData( “-GetMovieDescription”): when a movie contains a Timecode track, the Timecode at the beginning and end of the movie and the Timecode of the current frame is returned again as part of the description.
- Improved the multi-threading behavior of the TrFile_Metadata function. Multiple running scripts on FileMaker Server at the same time will now work better.
- Improved the multi-threading behavior of the TrFile_Substitute function. Multiple running scripts on FileMaker Server at the same time will now work better.
- Fixed a memory leak in the TrFile_Substitute function.
- Fixed a bug in the TrFile_SetContents and TrFile_AppendContents functions where extra spurious characters could be written. This could happen when a text which contained combining unicode characters (for example a combining diaeresis, combining to ä) was written to a file using encoding: -Encoding=ASCII_Windows.
- (Mac OS X) Improved stopping of the drag and drop handling and removed a potential memory leak.
- (Mac OS X) Fixed a potential crash in the TrFile_DragAndDrop function, when restarting drag and drop multiple times.
- (Windows) Added an exception handler, which handles (fatal) exceptions in the plug-in. It will save information on the exception to a dump file in the Temp directory. The dump file will be named similar to this:
“Crashdump Troi File Plug-In v8.6.1-20161231-212603-5488-3164.dmp”.
When running FileMaker Server the plug-in also writes the exception in the “Troi Plugin FMServer.log”:
- 2017-01-01 21:26:03 [Troi File Plug-In] Exception raised. code = -1073741819
- 2017-01-01 21:26:03 [Troi File Plug-In] Created crash dumpfile:
C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\Crashdump Troi File Plug-In v8.6.1-20170101-212603.dmp
- 2017-01-01 21:26:03 [Troi File Plug-In] **** FATAL ERROR: EXIT PROCESS ****
- (Mac OS X) Improved export of symbols: now only the symbols that are required are exported by the plug-in.
- Improved the internal registration of function calls of the plug-ins, making it more robust on more platforms.