In this post you find the older release notes for Troi File Plug-in for FileMaker Pro.
Version 8.6.1 (for FileMaker 12 to 15) (January 20, 2017)
- (Windows) Improved the handling of certain ZIP files with the TrFile_UnZIP function: the plug-in will now implicitly create a folder when items in the ZIP file are in a subfolder, but that subfolder itself is not present.
- Improved TrFile_MetaData( “-GetPDFDescription”): the plug-in can now better parse newer PDF versions, like PDF 1.7. And if there is a parsing error the plug-in returns the partial data.
- (Mac OS X) Improved TrFile_MetaData( “-GetMovieDescription”): when a movie contains a Timecode track, the Timecode at the beginning and end of the movie and the Timecode of the current frame is returned again as part of the description.
- Improved the multi-threading behavior of the TrFile_Metadata function. Multiple running scripts on FileMaker Server at the same time will now work better.
- Improved the multi-threading behavior of the TrFile_Substitute function. Multiple running scripts on FileMaker Server at the same time will now work better.
- Fixed a memory leak in the TrFile_Substitute function.
- Fixed a bug in the TrFile_SetContents and TrFile_AppendContents functions where extra spurious characters could be written. This could happen when a text which contained combining unicode characters (for example a combining diaeresis, combining to ä) was written to a file using encoding: -Encoding=ASCII_Windows.
- (Mac OS X) Improved stopping of the drag and drop handling and removed a potential memory leak.
- (Mac OS X) Fixed a potential crash in the TrFile_DragAndDrop function, when restarting drag and drop multiple times.
- (Windows) Added an exception handler, which handles (fatal) exceptions in the plug-in. It will save information on the exception to a dump file in the Temp directory. The dump file will be named similar to this:
“Crashdump Troi File Plug-In v8.6.1-20161231-212603-5488-3164.dmp”.
When running FileMaker Server the plug-in also writes the exception in the “Troi Plugin FMServer.log”:
- 2017-01-01 21:26:03 [Troi File Plug-In] Exception raised. code = -1073741819
- 2017-01-01 21:26:03 [Troi File Plug-In] Created crash dumpfile:
C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\Crashdump Troi File Plug-In v8.6.1-20170101-212603.dmp
- 2017-01-01 21:26:03 [Troi File Plug-In] **** FATAL ERROR: EXIT PROCESS ****
- (Mac OS X) Improved export of symbols: now only the symbols that are required are exported by the plug-in.
- Improved the internal registration of function calls of the plug-ins, making it more robust on more platforms.