New FileMaker 19.4 compatible version adds versatile alert dialogs
Lienden, the Netherlands, November 19, 2021–Troi today announced the immediate availability of Troi Dialog Plug-in 10.1.1 for Claris FileMaker Pro 19.4.
What is Troi Dialog Plug-in?
Troi Dialog Plug-in is a very powerful tool for displaying all sorts of dialogs in FileMaker Pro. The text of the dialog and of the buttons can be created dynamically by using a script step or a calculation. All from within FileMaker you can:
- show an input dialog to let a user input data in up to 20 fields and up to 4 buttons
- choose these input fields to be any of the following: simple text, password field, popup list or check box
- show a list dialog or very big text dialog
- show temporary flash screens
- show a progress bar for lengthy operations
- schedule the display of notifications
What is new in version 10.1.1?
Troi Dialog Plug-in 10.1.1 has the following new functionality and improvements:
- Added a new Show Alert Dialog script step, which shows a modal alert dialog to the user. On macOS 11 (Big Sur) and later the alert will be shown with the card-like user interface, with most content center aligned.
- (Windows) Modernized the standard icons shown by all the dialog steps and functions. When using the switches “-NoteIcon”, “-CautionIcon”, or “-StopIcon” the icons are more sharp and follow the user interface of the latest Windows version.
- Tested and made compatible with Claris FileMaker Pro 19.4.
- Tested and made compatible with Windows 11.
- Tested and made compatible with macOS 12 (Monterey).
- (Windows) Fixed a problem with FileMaker Pro 19.4, which would freeze the application.
- (macOS) Fixed a problem on macOS 12 (Monterey) and FileMaker Pro 19.4, where the plug-in would not show the note icon in the dialogs.
- Fixed a problem with the Show List Dialog script step and the Dial_ListDialog function, where long list items would not use the whole width of the dialog and would be truncated.
- (macOS) Fixed a bug that prevented the plug-in from loading in FileMaker Pro 16 (installing it would result in error code 1550).
Pricing & Availability
A fully functional demo version of Troi Dialog Plug-in 10.1.1 is available on the Dialog Plug-in page.
Upgrading to version 10.1.1 is free for all users of version 10.x. Version 10.1.1 uses the same registration code as version 10.0. The upgrade is also free for users who bought a license for Troi Dialog Plug-in on or after November 10, 2020. Eligible users have been sent a new 10.0 registration code. Contact us if you have not received yours.
Upgrades from licenses bought before November 10, 2020 are available from US$ 35 per user. Upgrade prices for other licenses can be found in the shop. You can order upgrades there.