New FileMaker 17 version lets you schedule the display of notifications on screen.
Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands, November 14, 2018–Troi today announced the immediate availability of Troi Dialog Plug-in 7.5 for FileMaker Pro 17.
What is Troi Dialog Plug-in?
Troi Dialog Plug-in is a very powerful tool for displaying all sorts of dialogs in FileMaker Pro. The text of the dialog and of the buttons can be created dynamically by using a calculation or a script step. All from within FileMaker you can:
- show an input dialog to let a user input data in up to 15 fields and up to 4 buttons
- choose these input fields to be any of the following: simple text, password field, popup list or check box
- show a list dialog or very big text dialog
- show temporary flash screens
- show a progress bar for lengthy operations
- add a standard icon or your own custom icons
What is new in version 7.5?
Troi Dialog Plug-in 7.5 has the following new functionality:
- Tested and made compatible with FileMaker Pro 17.
- Added a new Schedule Notification script step and Dial_ScheduleNotification function, which schedules the display of a (local) notification on screen (and in the notification center). You can add an action button and set a script to be triggered when the user interacts with the notification.
- Added a new Remove Notification script step and Dial_RemoveNotification function, which removes a (delivered) notification.
- Added a new Show List Dialog script step, which shows a dialog with a list of items for the user to choose from.
- Updated the example files for FileMaker Pro Advanced 17 and added a new Notifications.fmp12 example file.
In version 7.5 we also made the following improvements:
- The plug-in now indicates if an external script step is compatible with a product. The step is shown in grey if it is incompatible for that product (for example for iOS) in the script editing pane (center) and the script steps pane (right).
- (Windows) Improved several dialogs, so that they always stay in front. When you click on another (FileMaker) window those windows will no lo longer get in front of a dialog of the plug-in.
- (macOS) Fixed a problem with the Dial_FlashDialog function, where the custom dialog position would not be used.
- (Windows) Added code signing to the plug-in for Windows.
Apart from these additions we made various further improvements and changes. More detailed information on all changes and improvements implemented in Troi Dialog Plug-in 7.5 can be found on the Dialog Plug-in page.
Pricing & Availability
A fully functional demo version of Troi Dialog Plug-in 7.5 is available on the Dialog Plug-in page.
Version 7.5 needs a new registration. The upgrade is free for users who bought a license for Troi Dialog Plug-in on or after October 23, 2017. Eligible users will be sent a new registration.
Upgrades from licenses bought before October 23, 2017 are available from US$ 35 per user. Upgrade prices for other licenses can be found in the shop. You can order upgrades there.