New FileMaker 18 version improves flash dialog and progress bar.
Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands, October 14, 2019–Troi today announced the immediate availability of Troi Dialog Plug-in 8.0 for FileMaker Pro 18.
What is Troi Dialog Plug-in?
Troi Dialog Plug-in is a very powerful tool for displaying all sorts of dialogs in FileMaker Pro. The text of the dialog and of the buttons can be created dynamically by using a script step or a calculation. All from within FileMaker you can:
- show an input dialog to let a user input data in up to 15 fields and up to 4 buttons
- choose these input fields to be any of the following: simple text, password field, popup list or check box
- show a list dialog or very big text dialog
- show temporary flash screens
- show a progress bar for lengthy operations
- add a standard icon or your own custom icons
What is new in version 8.0?
Troi Dialog Plug-in 8.0 has the following new functionality:
- Tested and made compatible with FileMaker Pro 18 and macOS 10.15 (Catalina).
- Tested and made compatible with Windows 10 version 1903 (May 2019 Update).
- Improved the Show Flash Dialog script step and the Dial_FlashDialog function. You can now specify a countdown text to be displayed at the bottom of the dialog, for example the text “This flash dialog will dismiss in <secs> seconds”. The plug-in will substitute <secs> with the number of seconds remaining.
- Improved the Dial_ProgressBar function. It can now display icons, including custom icons.
In version 8.0 we also made the following improvements:
- IMPORTANT (macOS only) The minimum supported FileMaker version is now FileMaker Pro 14. Also the minimum supported Mac OS version is now OS X 10.11 (El Capitan). You can keep using v7.5.x for older versions of FileMaker Pro or Mac OS X.
- (macOS) Fixed a problem with the Dial_IconControl function where a custom icon would not be shown on a dialog, for some JPEG based icons.
- (Windows) Improved the Dial_ProgressBar function. The plug-in now properly handles the case where the parent window of the progress bar is closed before the progress bar dialog is removed. Also improved the case where you show another Troi dialog when the progress bar dialog is still visible. The new dialog will now be in front and have the keyboard focus.
- (Windows) Fixed a bug where improper handling of a closing FileMaker parent window could lead to a crash. This could happen when multiple Troi Dialogs where shown in one script.
- (Windows) Fixed a bug in the Dial_Dialog function where closing the dialog could lead to a crash.
- (macOS) Prepared the plug-in for notarization: the plug-in can now be added to a runtime, to create a hardened FileMaker runtime app which can be notarized by Apple. Notarization gives users more confidence, as the runtime has been checked by Apple for malicious components.
- Improved the initialization when installing the plug-in with the FileMaker Pro “Install Plug-In File” script step.
- Modernized several example files and updated the code base.
More detailed information on all changes and improvements implemented in Troi Dialog Plug-in 8.0 can be found on the Dialog Plug-in page.
Pricing & Availability
A fully functional demo version of Troi Dialog Plug-in 8.0 is available on the Dialog Plug-in page.
Version 8.0 needs a new registration. The upgrade is free for users who bought a license for Troi Dialog Plug-in on or after November 14, 2018. Eligible users have been sent a new registration. Contact us if you have not received yours.
Upgrades from licenses bought before November 14, 2018 are available from US$ 35 per user. Upgrade prices for other licenses can be found in the shop. You can order upgrades there.