Encryption plug-in for FileMaker Pro 19.3 runs native on Apple Silicon.
Lienden, the Netherlands, August 19, 2021–Troi today announced the immediate availability of Troi Encryptor Plug-in 7.0 for FileMaker Pro 19.3.
What is Troi Encryptor Plug-in?
Troi Encryptor Plug-in is a very powerful tool for securing your FileMaker data, exporting or emailing your data without risk and importing safely back into FileMaker. All from within FileMaker you can:
- encrypt text or container fields, using the powerful 256-bit AES encryption scheme, so that your sensitive data is secure
- export encrypted data that can be sent safely across internet, for example via email. No risk that someone will read or change the data while in transit
- use the decryption functions to restore the original information after you have imported the received email or export file back into FileMaker, with the assurance that nobody will have tampered with it
- exchange AES-encrypted data with other systems (like OpenSSL)
- generate safe, random passwords, check their strength and save and retrieve them to and from the keychain of the operating system
- verify data integrity and sources with SHA-256 message digests
- encode text in Base64
- make conversions to and from binary
- compress databases with large text fields
What is new in version 7.0?
Troi Encryptor Plug-in 7.0 has the following new functionality and improvements:
- Tested and made compatible with Claris FileMaker Pro 19.3.
- (macOS) The plug-in now runs natively on Apple Silicon: made the plug-in a Universal binary by adding code for the arm64 architecture of macOS.
- Tested and made compatible with macOS 11 (Big Sur) up to and including 11.5.
- Tested and made compatible with Windows 10 version 20H2 (October 2020 Update) and version 21H1 (May 2021 Update).
- Added new switches “-EncryptAES” and “-DecryptAES” to the Encr_Code function. These alternative switch names will encrypt and decrypt the data using the AES algorithm.
- Updated the example files to better handle newer plug-in versions.
- (macOS) Improved compatibility when running FileMaker Pro 19 in dark mode, the flash dialog is now more visible.
- (macOS) Improved loading the plug-in with runtime apps created with FileMaker Pro 18.
- (macOS) If the plug-in can’t load a bundle at start-up, the plug-in will now write a detailed error to the system.log. See the Console.app in this case (search for FileMaker in the system.log).
- Updated the plug-in to use the latest libraries or modern frameworks where possible.
- (macOS) Modernized the plug-in. It now uses more a modern plug-in loading framework.
- IMPORTANT (macOS only) The minimum supported FileMaker version is now FileMaker Pro 16. Also the minimum supported macOS version is now macOS 10.13 (High Sierra).
More detailed information on all changes and improvements implemented in Troi Encryptor Plug-in 7.0 can be found on the Encryptor Plug-in page.
Pricing & Availability
A fully functional demo version of Troi Encryptor Plug-in 7.0 is available on the Encryptor Plug-in page.
Version 7.0 needs a new registration code. The upgrade is free for users who bought a license for Troi Encryptor Plug-in on or after June 10, 2020. Eligible users will be sent a new registration. Contact us if you have not received yours after August 22, 2021.
Upgrades from licenses bought before June 10, 2020 are available from US$ 55 per user. Upgrade prices for other licenses can be found in the shop. You can order upgrades there.