Updated file management plug-in for FileMaker 17 further extends metadata handling.
Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands, January 7, 2019–Troi today announced the immediate availability of Troi File Plug-in 10.1 for FileMaker 17.
What is Troi File Plug-in?
Troi File Plug-in is a very powerful tool for getting access to information outside the FileMaker database. Any files or folders stored on the computer can be accessed through the functions of the plug-in. All from within FileMaker you can:
- get data from files that are on the disk of the computer into FileMaker
- create files anywhere on the hard disk and put data from FileMaker fields into them
- manipulate files and folders on the disk: this includes creating, deleting, copying, moving and modifying files and folders
- get the size on disk, creation and modification dates and much more
- launch and reveal files directly from FileMaker
- manage your images and movies, including reading and writing metadata
What is new in version 10.1?
Troi File Plug-in 10.1 has the following new functionality:
- Tested and made compatible with FileMaker Pro 17.0.3.
- Added support for Windows XP EXIF tags. These are the tags XPTitle, XPComment, XPAuthor, XPKeywords and XPSubject (tags 40091 to 40095). The TrFile_GetMetaData function with the switch “-GetEXIF” will now return the Windows XP EXIF tags correctly. And you can now write the Windows XP EXIF tags with the TrFile_SetMetaData function with the switch “-SetEXIF”.
- Improved support for EXIF with UTF-8 text: you can now get EXIF with UTF-8 encoded strings using the TrFile_GetMetaData function with the switches “-GetEXIF” and “-SourceUTF8Charset”. You can also write EXIF with encoded UTF-8 strings by adding the switch “-UTF8Charset” to the TrFile_SetMetaData function with the switch “-SetEXIF”.
- Improved the TrFile_SetMetaData function: it no longer creates an empty destination file when specifying invalid switches.
- Improved several example files.
More detailed information on all changes and improvements implemented in Troi File Plug-in 10.1 can be found on the File Plug-in page.
Pricing & Availability
A fully functional demo version of Troi File Plug-in 10.1 is available on the File Plug-in page.
Version 10.1 uses the 10.0 registration code. The upgrade is free for users who bought a license for Troi File Plug-in on or after May 9, 2017. Eligible users have been sent a new 10.0 registration in May 2018. Contact us if you have not received yours.
Upgrades from licenses bought before May 9, 2017, are available from US$ 59 per user. Upgrade prices for other licenses can be found in the shop. You can order upgrades there.