Updated Troi File Plug-in for FileMaker Pro 19.5 improves HEIC/HEIF image format support and iCloud Drive functionality
Lienden, the Netherlands, August 18, 2022–Troi today announced the immediate availability of Troi File Plug-in 14.0 for FileMaker 19.5. In this version we added compatibility with Claris FileMaker Pro 19.5 including FileMaker Pro 19.5.2. We also tested this version and added initial compatibility with the upcoming Windows 11 version 22H2 and macOS 13 Ventura. Furthermore we added new functionality and improved several functions of the plug-in.
New functionality and improvements
- Added newTrFile_GetFileName function, which returns the name of a file (or folder) in a filePath, including the extension. The file does not need to exist. A returned result can be for example “Readme.txt”. We updated the Attribute example file with an example of the new TrFile_GetFilename function.
- Added new TrFile_GetPreferredLanguages function, which returns a list of the preferred language and country codes of the current user. The returned result can be for example:
You can add the switch “-GetFirstLanguage” to only get the first preferred language-country of the list.
- Added three new switches to the TrFile_GetMetaData function:
- “-GetIccProfileName” which will get the name of the embedded ICC Color Profile in the JPEG, for example it will return “sRGB IEC61966-2.1” or “Generic RGB Profile”
- “-GetLocalizedIccProfileName” which will get the localized name of the embedded ICC Color Profile in the JPEG. Based on the user language settings it will return the ICC name that best matches the user language
- “-GetIccProfileDescription” which will return a text description of the properties of the embedded ICC Color Profile. The result is formatted as a list. You can also add the switch “-Format=XML” to get the result in XML format, with the XML tags colored blue. When you also add the switch “-DontAddStyle” the result is in plain text.
Improved HEIC/HEIF image format support
- (macOS 10.15 and later) The TrFile_CreateThumbnail function now supports creating thumbnails from HEIC (High Efficiency Image File Format) image files. This includes .heic images created on iOS and other images with the .heif extension.
- (Windows 10 version 20H2 and later, Windows 11) The TrFile_CreateThumbnail function can now create thumbnails from HEIC (High Efficiency Image File Format) image files. You will need to install the HEVC Video Extensions from Microsoft (which costs $0.99). See also How to install HEVC Video Extensions on Windows.
- (Windows 11 and later) Added support for HEIC (High Efficiency Image File Format) image files: the TrFile_GetMetaData function with the switch “-GetImageDescription” now returns a description like codec name and type.
Improved iCloud Drive functionality (macOS)
- Added switch “-iCloudStartDownloadingItem” to the TrFile_SetFileAttribute function. This will start the download of a file on the iCloud Drive to the local disk. For files already locally on the disk, this function won’t do anything and the function will return error code 0. You can also specify a folder on iCloud Drive, in this case iCloud will start downloading local copies of all files enclosed by this folder.
- Added switch “-iCloudRemoveLocalCopy” to the TrFile_SetFileAttribute function. This will remove the local copy of a file on the iCloud Drive. The file will not be removed from iCloud! You can also specify a folder on iCloud Drive, in this case the local copies of all files enclosed by this folder will be removed.
- Added iCloud Status example to the Attribute.fmp12 example file. This demos getting and changing the iCloud status of files and also demonstrates the switch “-AllowNonLocalCloudItems” of the TrFile_SelectFileDialog function, which allows you to select files that are not downloaded to the local disk.
- (Windows) Fixed a bug in the TrFile_GetZipInfo function, where only one filename would be returned even if more files are present in the ZIP archive.
- (macOS) Fixed a bug in the TrFile_GetContents function, where FileMaker could crash if the filePath specified a folder. Now the function returns $$-1302 (notAFileErr) in this case.
- (macOS) The plug-in would return error code $$-47 (fBsyErr) in some cases where the user did not have sufficient access permissions, for example when getting the contents of a file. In this case the plug-in now returns the more correct error code $$-54 (permErr = permissions error).
- (macOS) Fixed a problem with the Move Folder and Copy Folder script steps and the TrFile_MoveFolder and TrFile_CopyFolder functions, where the plug-in would return error code $$-47 (fBsyErr) when the destination folder exists. It will now correctly return $$-48 (dupFNErr) if the destination folder exists.
- Improved the GetExif.fmp12 and SetExif.fmp12 example files, the EXIF padding tag is now parsed too.
- (Windows) The plug-in no longer returns error $$-120 (dirNFErr; directory not found) when specifying valid UNC paths that use forward slashes as separators (as opposed to backward slashes). So you can now use paths like this: “//Server/share/file.txt”.
- Fixed a bug in the TrFile_GetContents function, where the plug-in would not return the expected error code $$-39 (eofErr) when the start parameter was past the end of the file.
- (macOS) Fixed a problem with the Move Folder and Copy Folder script steps and the TrFile_MoveFolder and TrFile_CopyFolder functions, where the plug-in could sometimes return error code $$-122 (badMovErr) incorrectly indicating that the destination folder is inside the source folder even when source and destination where valid.
More detailed information on all changes and improvements implemented in Troi File Plug-in 14.0 can be found on the File Plug-in page.
Pricing & Availability
A fully functional demo version of Troi File Plug-in 14.0 is available on the File Plug-in page.
Version 14.0 needs a new registration. If you have a current subscription or if you bought a license on or after May 27, 2021, the upgrade is free. Eligible users have been sent a new v.14 registration code. Contact us if you have not received yours.
Upgrades from licenses bought before May 27, 2021, are available from US$ 69 per user. Upgrade prices for other licenses can be found on the File Plug-in web page or in the shop. You can order upgrades there.