Serial communication plug-in adds new script steps and online help for FileMaker Pro 16.
Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands, May 25, 2017–Troi today announced the immediate availability of Troi Serial Plug-in 5.0 for FileMaker Pro 16.
What is Troi Serial Plug-in?
Troi Serial Plug-in gives FileMaker Pro easy and powerful access to external devices with a serial interface:
- read from and write to the (virtual) serial ports of the computer directly from FileMaker Pro without the need of a separate application
- native FileMaker script triggering, to get incoming data into the database
- “Suspend/Resume Serial Port” script step to temporarily suspend the incoming data stream and resume it when you are interested in the data
- “Wait for Match” function to wait for a specific text before triggering
- the possibility to open an unlimited number of serial ports and to trigger different scripts for different ports
What is new in version 5.0?
We rewrote Troi Serial Plug-in for FileMaker 16 and it now has the following new functionality:
- Tested and made compatible with FileMaker Pro 16.
- Added new Serial_GetPortInfo function, which retrieves the status and other information of a serial port.
Version 5.0 adds the following new features when running in FileMaker 16:
- The Serial Plug-in adds 9 script steps when running in FileMaker Pro 16. You can select these script steps in the script steps pane in Script Workspace, or you can begin typing the script step name, then choose the script step from the list that appears. The script steps significantly expand the possible actions you can perform with FileMaker Pro. Only steps that perform an action have been added as a script step. Functions that just return information (like for example Serial_GetPortNames) are only available as an external function.
- Added new example file SimpleSerial-for-FMP16.fmp12, which demonstrates how to use the new external script steps of FileMaker Pro 16.
- Added support for online help for the functions and script steps of the plug-in. You can now easily get online help from the Troi website, by clicking the Help button (the small question mark button) next to the function description in the functions pane or the script step description in the script steps pane.
Apart from these additions we fixed several bugs and made various further improvements. More detailed information on all changes and improvements implemented in Troi Serial Plug-in 5.0 can be found on the Serial Plug-in page.
Pricing & Availability
A fully functional demo version of Troi Serial Plug-in 5.0 is available on the Serial Plug-in page.
A cross platform developer license costs US$ 999. Details can be found on the Serial Plug-in page. You can order licenses from our shop.
Version 5.0 needs a new registration. The upgrade is free for users who bought a license for Troi Serial Plug-in on or after June 2, 2016. Eligible users will be sent a new registration. Contact us if you have not received yours after May 30, 2017.
Upgrades from a cross platform developer license bought before June 2, 2016 are available from US$ 499. You can order upgrades from our shop.