Text manipulation plug-in is compatible with Claris FileMaker Pro 19.4 and runs natively on Apple Silicon.
Lienden, the Netherlands, December 21, 2021–Troi today announced the immediate availability of Troi Text Plug-in 5.0 for FileMaker Pro 16-19.
What is Troi Text Plug-in?
Troi Text Plug-in is a very powerful tool for dealing efficiently with text in your FileMaker Pro database. All from within FileMaker you can:
- Customize spell checking
- Parse XML text into fields
- Get (unique) lines and sort words and lines
- Combine sets from 2 text fields:
- get all lines that are the same
- get all lines that differ
- and other combinations
What is new in version 5.0?
We rewrote Troi Text Plug-in for FileMaker 19.4 and made the following changes and improvements:
- Tested and made compatible with Claris FileMaker Pro 19.4.
- (macOS) The plug-in now runs natively on Apple Silicon: made the plug-in a Universal binary by adding code for the arm64 architecture of macOS.
- Tested and improved compatibility with Windows 11 and macOS 12 (Monterey).
- The plug-in now indicates if an external script step is compatible with a product. The step is shown in grey if it is incompatible for that product (for example for iOS) in the script editing pane (center) and the script steps pane (right).
- (macOS) Improved compatibility when running FileMaker Pro 19 in dark mode, the flash dialog is now more visible.
- (macOS) If the plug-in can’t load a bundle at start-up, the plug-in will now write a detailed error to the system.log. See the Console.app in this case (search for FileMaker in the system.log).
More detailed information on all changes and improvements implemented in Troi Text Plug-in 5.0 can be found on the Text Plug-in page.
Pricing & availability
A fully functional demo version of Troi Text Plug-in 5.0 is available on the Text Plug-in page.
Version 5.0 needs a new registration. The upgrade is free for users who bought a license for Troi Text Plug-in on or after December 21, 2020. Eligible users will be sent a new registration. Contact us if you have not received yours after December 24, 2021.
Upgrades from licenses bought before December 21, 2020 are available from US$ 39 per user. Upgrade prices for other licenses can be found in the shop. You can order upgrades there.