Updated script triggering plug-in for FileMaker Pro 2023: run a secure (HTTPS) server.
Lienden, the Netherlands, January 25, 2024–Troi today announced the immediate availability of Troi Activator Plug-in 9.0 for FileMaker Pro 2023.
What is Troi Activator Plug-in?
Troi Activator Plug-in is a very powerful tool for triggering scripts remotely. All from within FileMaker you can:
- trigger a FileMaker script on a different computer (remotely)
- trigger a FileMaker script over internet
- use the built-in security to prevent unauthorized triggering
- send a number (e.g. a record ID) and a long text with the trigger
- start and stop listening for remote trigger messages with one script step
- communicate with databases in different FileMaker versions or even runtimes
- run a (secure) web server, which can trigger a script and send a (HTML) response
Except from remote triggering you can also use the Activator Plug-in for:
- triggering a script on a specified date and time
- scheduling events which trigger any script you want
- running a script from any FileMaker calculation, for example a tooltip calculation
- trigger a FileMaker script when a file or folder is added to a folder
- validating fields on exiting a record with a custom script suited to your specific needs
What is new in version 9.0?
Troi Activator Plug-in 9.0 is tested and made compatible with:
We added the following new functionality to Troi Activator Plug-in 9.0:
- Improved the Add Folder Trigger script step and the Actr_AddFolderTrigger function: the maximum number of folders to watch (folder triggers) is now 10.
- Improved the Start HTTP Server script step and Actr_StartHTTPServer function: you can now start a Secure (HTTPS) Server, by adding the switch “-RunSecureServer”. Note that for running a secure server you need to install a SSL Certificate. This can be a self signed certificate for testing purposes. See also Installing a SSL Certificate for Troi Activator HTTPS Server.
- Created new WebDirect_UploadImage.fmp12 example file to demonstrate uploading to the UploadServer from a database published with FileMaker WebDirect.
Other changes and improvements:
- Improved the boilerplate HTML that the Upload Server will serve to a web browser, the web page will now have room for the image at the top.
- Added switch “-GetStartupRegistrationLog” to the Actr_Version function. This will return a text log of the plug-in’s registration process at startup time of FileMaker Pro. When you have problems registering the plug-in, you can see if the payment certificate was found and if a valid registration code was found.
- Added an example script to Version.fmp12, which gets the text log of the startup registration of the plug-in.
- Improved the EasyInstallTroiPlugins.fmp12 example file (v1.8.6): added a script which adds the Startup Registration Log to the log field. This will get a text log of the startup registration process of the plug-in.
- Improved the code in several places and made it more secure.
- Updated and improved the HTTPResponse.fmp12 example file to demonstrate the new HTTPS functionality.
Pricing & Availability
A fully functional demo version of Troi Activator Plug-in 9.0 is available on the Activator Plug-in page.
Version 9.0 needs a new registration. The upgrade is free for users who bought a license for Troi Activator Plug-in on or after May 17, 2022. Eligible users will be sent a new registration. Contact us if you have not received yours after January 26, 2024.
Upgrades from licenses bought before May 17, 2022 are available from US$ 59 per user. Upgrade prices for other licenses can be found in the shop. You can order upgrades there.