Encryption plug-in for FileMaker Pro 19 adds SHA-256 message digest.
Lienden, the Netherlands, June 10, 2020–Troi today announced the immediate availability of Troi Encryptor Plug-in 6.0 for FileMaker Pro 19.
What is Troi Encryptor Plug-in?
Troi Encryptor Plug-in is a very powerful tool for securing your FileMaker data, exporting or emailing your data without risk and importing safely back into FileMaker. All from within FileMaker you can:
- encrypt text or container fields, using the powerful 256-bit AES encryption scheme, so that your sensitive data is secure
- export encrypted data that can be sent safely across internet, for example via email. No risk that someone will read or change the data while in transit
- use the decryption functions to restore the original information after you have imported the received email or export file back into FileMaker, with the assurance that nobody will have tampered with it
- exchange AES-encrypted data with other systems (like OpenSSL)
- generate safe, random passwords, check their strength and save and retrieve them to and from the keychain of the operating system
- verify data integrity and sources with SHA-256 message digests
- encode text in Base64
- make conversions to and from binary
- compress databases with large text fields
What is new in version 6.0?
Troi Encryptor Plug-in 6.0 has the following new functionality and improvements:
- Tested and made compatible with Claris FileMaker Pro 19 and FileMaker Pro 18.
- Tested and improved compatibility with Windows 10 up to version 1909 (the November 2019 Update).
- Tested and improved compatibility with macOS Catalina up to version 10.15.4.
- Added new Encr_GetPasswordStrength function, which can check the strength of a password. Also updated the example file GeneratePassword.fmp12 to demonstrate all possibilities.
- Improved the Encr_MakeDigest function, added a switch “-sha256” which can calculate the more secure SHA-256 hash.
- (Windows) The plug-in is now code signed using the more secure SHA-256.
- (Windows) Fixed a memory issue where in some cases a buffer was not properly initialized.
- Updated the code base, the plug-in now uses more modern C++ libraries, modernized the code and made the plug-in more robust.
More detailed information on all changes and improvements implemented in Troi Encryptor Plug-in 6.0 can be found on the Encryptor Plug-in page.
Pricing & Availability
A fully functional demo version of Troi Encryptor Plug-in 6.0 is available on the Encryptor Plug-in page.
Version 6.0 needs a new registration code. The upgrade is free for users who bought a license for Troi Encryptor Plug-in on or after February 12, 2019. Eligible users will be sent a new registration. Contact us if you have not received yours after June 14, 2020.
Upgrades from licenses bought before February 12, 2019 are available from US$ 49 per user. Upgrade prices for other licenses can be found in the shop. You can order upgrades there.