Encryption plug-in for FileMaker Pro 17 adds compatibility with OpenSSL.
Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands, February 12, 2019–Troi today announced the immediate availability of Troi Encryptor Plug-in 5.0 for FileMaker Pro 17.
What is Troi Encryptor Plug-in?
Troi Encryptor Plug-in is a very powerful tool for securing your FileMaker data, exporting or emailing your data without risk and importing safely back into FileMaker. All from within FileMaker you can:
- encrypt text or container fields, using the powerful 256-bit AES encryption scheme, so that your sensitive data is secure
- export encrypted data that can be sent safely across internet, for example via email. No risk that someone will read or change the data while in transit
- use the decryption functions to restore the original information after you have imported the received email or export file back into FileMaker, with the assurance that nobody will have tampered with it
- exchange AES-encrypted data with other systems (like OpenSSL)
- generate safe, random passwords and save and retrieve them to and from the keychain of the operating system
- verify data integrity and sources with SHA-1 message digests
- encode text in Base64
- make conversions to and from binary
- compress databases with large text fields
What is new in version 5.0?
We updated Troi Encryptor Plug-in for FileMaker 17 and added the following new functionality:
- Added new Encr_GeneratePassword function, which can generate a strong, random password with a specified length. Also created a new example file to demonstrate all possibilities.
- Added PHP 7 encryption compatibility. You can now AES-256 encrypt text with the plug-in and and decrypt it with the OpenSSL functions of PHP 7. You can also decrypt text with the plug-in which was encrypted with the OpenSSL functions of PHP 7. Also created a new, extensive example which demonstrates how to encrypt and decrypt data for or from PHP 7.
- Improved the command line interface compatibility of the Encr_DecryptAES function: you can now decrypt text created by the openssl command in a command line interface (for example the macOS terminal).
- The plug-in now indicates if an external script step is compatible with a product. The step is shown in grey if it is incompatible for that product (for example for iOS) in the script editing pane (center) and the script steps pane (right).
- (macOS) Prepared the plug-in for notarization: the plug-in can now be added to a runtime, to create a hardened FileMaker runtime app which can be notarized by Apple. Notarization gives users more confidence, as the runtime has been checked by Apple for malicious components.
- (Windows) Added code signing to the plug-in for Windows. (On macOS code signing was already added in version 4.0).
Version 5.0 also has the following changes and improvements:
- IMPORTANT (macOS only) The minimum supported FileMaker version is now FileMaker Pro 14. Also the minimum supported Mac OS version is now OS X 10.9 (Mavericks). You can keep using v4.x (currently v4.0.1) for older versions of FileMaker Pro or Mac OS X.
- (macOS) The plug-in no longer has the 32-bit code included.
- Renamed the function Encr_EncryptRijndaelAES to Encr_EncryptAES and the function Encr_DecryptRijndaelAES to Encr_DecryptAES.
- Improved the 64-bit compatibility of the plug-in and fixed a compilation problem with code signing and extended attributes in Mac OS 10.12 (Sierra).
- Updated the EasyInstallTroiPlugins.fmp12 file, it can now run a test registration script for a plug-in after you have installed it on FileMaker Server.
- Updated the user guide: clarified the format of TROI_AES the plug-in generates and added a section about exchanging data with OpenSSL.
- Updated the example files for FileMaker Pro Advanced 17.
More detailed information on all changes and improvements implemented in Troi Encryptor Plug-in 5.0 can be found on the Encryptor Plug-in page.
Pricing & Availability
A fully functional demo version of Troi Encryptor Plug-in 5.0 is available on the Encryptor Plug-in page.
Version 5.0 needs a new registration. The upgrade is free for users who bought a license for Troi Encryptor Plug-in on or after August 15, 2017. Eligible users will be sent a new registration. Contact us if you have not received yours after February 14, 2019.
Upgrades from licenses bought before August 15, 2017 are available from US$ 49 per user. Upgrade prices for other licenses can be found in the shop. You can order upgrades there.