Text manipulation plug-in adds new script steps and online help for FileMaker Pro 16.
Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands, November 13, 2017–Troi today announced the immediate availability of Troi Text Plug-in 4.5 for FileMaker Pro 16.
What is Troi Text Plug-in?
Troi Text Plug-in is a very powerful tool for dealing efficiently with text in your FileMaker Pro database. All from within FileMaker you can:
- Customize spell checking*
- Parse XML text into fields
- Get (unique) lines and sort words and lines
- Combine sets from 2 text fields:
- get all lines that are the same
- get all lines that differ
- and other combinations
* currently not available on FileMaker Cloud
What is new in version 4.5?
We rewrote Troi Text Plug-in for FileMaker 16 and it now has the following new functionality:
- Tested and made compatible with FileMaker Pro 16.
- Tested and improved compatibility with Windows 10 (Creators Update) and macOS 10.13 (High Sierra).
- Tested and made compatible to run under FileMaker Cloud 16.
- Rewrote and modernized the code in several places.
- Made various minor changes to the example files to better work with FileMaker Pro 16.
- Updated the User Guide and the Reference.fmp12 file.
Extra features when running FileMaker Pro 16
Version 4.5 adds the following new features when running in FileMaker 16:
- The Text Plug-in adds script steps when running FileMaker Pro 16.
You can select these script steps in the script steps pane in Script Workspace, or you can begin typing the script step name, then choose the script step from the list that appears.
The script steps expand the possible actions you can perform with FileMaker Pro. The following script steps are added:
- Added new scripts to the Spelling.fmp12 example file, to demonstrate how to use the new external script steps of FileMaker Pro 16. The examples check if FileMaker Pro 16 is running and will then select these new scripts.
- Added support for online help for the functions and script steps of the plug-in. You can now easily get online help from the Troi website, by clicking the Help button (the small question mark button) next to the function description in the functions pane or the script step description in the script steps pane.
More detailed information on all changes and improvements implemented in Troi Text Plug-in 4.5 can be found on the Text Plug-in page.
More information on Troi plug-ins for FileMaker Cloud can be found at: www.troi.com/compatibility/filemaker_cloud/
Pricing & availability
A fully functional demo version of Troi Text Plug-in 4.5 is available on the Text Plug-in page.
Version 4.5 needs a new registration. The upgrade is free for users who bought a license for Troi Text Plug-in on or after October 27, 2016. Eligible users will be sent a new registration. Contact us if you have not received yours after November 17, 2017.
Upgrades from licenses bought before October 27, 2016 are available from US$ 29 per user. Upgrade prices for other licenses can be found in the shop. You can order upgrades there.