Updated plug-in for FileMaker Pro 15 lets you store your encryption passwords in the keychain.
What is Troi Encryptor Plug-in?
Troi Encryptor Plug-in is a very powerful tool for securing your FileMaker data, exporting or emailing your data without risk and importing safely back into FileMaker. All from within FileMaker you can:
- encrypt text or container fields, using the powerful 256-bit AES encryption scheme, so that your sensitive data is secure
- export encrypted data that can be sent safely across internet, for example via email. No risk that someone will read or change the data while in transit
- use the decryption functions to restore the original information after you have imported the received email or export file back into FileMaker, with the assurance that nobody will have tampered with it
- exchange AES-encrypted data with other systems (like for example PHP-mcrypt)
- verify data integrity and sources with SHA-1 message digests
- encode text in Base64
- make conversions to and from binary
- compress databases with large text fields
What is new in version 3.5?
Troi Encryptor Plug-in 3.5 has been made compatible with FileMaker 15:
- Improved the multi-threading behavior of the plug-in when running in FileMaker Pro 15.
- Added description and type-ahead information for all functions of the plug-in. This extra function description will be shown in FileMaker Pro 15 in the Specify Calculation dialog box when you type a function name and also as a text popup in the functions pane on the right. The type-ahead information is used by the auto complete functionality of FileMaker Pro 15.
Troi Encryptor Plug-in 3.5 has the following new functionality:
- Added three new functions to safely store, retrieve and delete passwords in the keychain. An account name and ID parameter are used to distinguish between passwords, so you can give acces to a user on a per database level, but also on a per field or even per record basis.
Version 3.5 has several further improvements and an updated User Guide. More detailed information on all changes and improvements implemented in Troi Encryptor Plug-in 3.5 and earlier can be found here.
Pricing & Availability
A fully functional demo version of Troi Encryptor Plug-in 3.5 is available for downloading here.
Troi Encryptor Plug-in 3.5 works with FileMaker Pro 12 to 15. The plug-in can also be used with runtimes created by FileMaker Advanced 12 to 15. The plug-in is available for OS X 10.6.8 or higher and Windows 7 to 10.
Licenses cost US$ 79 per user. Details on developer licenses and multi-user discounts can be found in the online shop. You can order licenses from our shop.
FileMaker Server requirements
Troi Encryptor Plug-in 3.5 also works with FileMaker Server 12 to 15 as a server-side plug-in and as a plug-in used by the web publishing engine and WebDirect. To use this, you need to purchase a special cross-platform server/web license which costs US$ 399.
Product updates from earlier versions, bought on or after May 12th, 2015, are free: eligible users will be emailed a new registration string. Contact us if you have not received yours after July 7th, 2016.
Upgrades from licenses bought before May 12th, 2015, are available from US$ 39 per user.
Upgrade prices for other licenses can be found in our shop. You can order upgrades from our online store.