Internet plug-in for FileMaker 17 further streamlines OAuth authorization on macOS.
Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands, March 20, 2019–Troi today announced the immediate availability of Troi URL Plug-in 6.0 for FileMaker 17.
What is Troi URL Plug-in?
Troi URL Plug-in can help you fill in forms on internet, all from FileMaker Pro. It also retrieves data or images from web sites.
- use the POST command to fill in a web form and retrieve the result directly in FileMaker Pro
- use the GET command to retrieve data
- use the PUT command to to transfer files or upload data to web servers
- use the DELETE command to delete items on web servers
- use a secure connection (HTTPS) using SSL
- get access to password protected web pages, including web services that require OAuth authorization
- get JPEG, PNG and GIF images directly into a container field
- specify cookies and proxy server settings
- send tweets to Twitter with ease!
What is new in version 6.0?
We rewrote Troi URL Plug-in for FileMaker 17 and it now has the following new functionality:
- Tested and made compatible with FileMaker Pro 17.0.4.
- Added new TURL_AuthorizeWithCallbackScript function, which lets a user authorize Troi URL Plug-in to use a web service, for example Twitter. After authorization a script is triggered with a script parameter which contains the access token and secret. By storing these you can then use the web service (like sending a tweet). Currently this is a macOS only function.
- (Windows) Added code signing to the plug-in for Windows. (On macOS code signing was already added in version 5.0).
- The plug-in now indicates if an external script step is compatible with a product. The step is shown in grey if it is incompatible for that product (for example for iOS) in the script editing pane (center) and the script steps pane (right).
- (macOS) Prepared the plug-in for notarization: the plug-in can now be added to a runtime, to create a hardened FileMaker runtime app which can be notarized by Apple. Notarization gives users more confidence, as the runtime has been checked by Apple for malicious components.
- Modernized the code, made small bug fixes and updated the User Guide and example files.
- IMPORTANT (macOS only) The minimum supported FileMaker version is now FileMaker Pro 14. Also the minimum supported Mac OS version is now OS X 10.9 (Mavericks). You can keep using v5.x for older versions of FileMaker Pro or Mac OS X.
- (macOS) The plug-in no longer has the 32-bit code included.
More detailed information on all changes and improvements implemented in Troi URL Plug-in 6.0 can be found on the URL Plug-in page.
Pricing & Availability
A fully functional demo version of Troi URL Plug-in 6.0 is available on the URL Plug-in page.
Version 6.0 needs a new registration. The upgrade is free for users who bought a license for Troi URL Plug-in on or after June 26, 2017. Eligible users will be sent a new registration. Contact us if you have not received yours after March 22, 2019.
Upgrades from licenses bought before June 26, 2017 are available from US$ 49 per user. Upgrade prices for other licenses can be found in the shop. You can order upgrades there.