What is Troi URL Plug-in?
Troi URL Plug-in can help you fill in forms on the Internet, all from FileMaker Pro. It also retrieves data or images from web sites.
- use the POST command to fill in a web form and retrieve the result directly in FileMaker Pro
- use the GET command to retrieve data
- use the PUT command to to transfer files or upload data to web servers
- use the DELETE command to delete items on web servers
- use a secure connection (HTTPS) using SSL
- get access to password protected web pages, including those that require OAuth authorization
- encode text into HTTP format
- get JPEG, PNG and GIF images directly into a container field
- specify cookies and proxy server settings
- send tweets to Twitter with ease!
What is new in version 4.5?
Troi URL Plug-in 4.5 has been made compatible with FileMaker 15:
- Further improved the multi-threading behavior of the plug-in when running in FileMaker Pro 15.
- Added description and type-ahead information for all functions of the plug-in. This extra function description will be shown in FileMaker Pro 15 in the Specify Calculation dialog box when you type a function name and also as a text popup in the functions pane on the right. The type-ahead information is used by the auto complete functionality of FileMaker Pro 15.
Troi URL Plug-in 4.5 has the following new functionality:
- Added new TURL_GetLastHTTPStatusCode function, which returns the HTTP response status code from the last executed HTTP request.
In addition to this, version 4.5 has several bug fixes and further improvements. We also updated the User Guide.
More detailed information on all changes and improvements implemented in Troi URL Plug-in 4.5 and earlier can be found here.
Pricing & Availability
A fully functional demo version of Troi URL Plug-in 4.5 is available for downloading here.
Troi URL Plug-in 4.5 works with FileMaker Pro 12, 13, 14 and 15. The plug-in can also be used with runtimes created by FileMaker Pro Advanced 12, 13, 14 or 15. The plug-in is available for Mac OS X 10.6.x or higher and for Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10.
Licenses cost US$ 79 per user. Details on developer licenses and multi-user discounts can be found in our shop. You can order licenses from our shop.
FileMaker Server requirements
Troi URL Plug-in 4.5 also works with FileMaker Server 12, 13, 14 or 15 as a server-side plug-in and as a plug-in used by WebDirect or the web publishing engine. To use this, you need to purchase a special cross-platform Server/Web license which costs US$ 349.
Troi URL Plug-in 4.5 requires a new registration string. Users who bought a license for Troi URL Plug-in on or after May 12th, 2015 are entitled to a free upgrade. We will email all eligible customers a new 4.5 registration string.
Upgrades from licenses bought before May 12th, 2015, are available from US$ 49 per user.
Upgrade prices for other licenses can be found in our shop. You can order upgrades from our shop.