Updated script triggering plug-in for FileMaker Pro 19.4: upload any text to built-in HTTP server.
Lienden, the Netherlands, May 17, 2022–Troi today announced the immediate availability of Troi Activator Plug-in 8.0 for FileMaker Pro 19.4.
What is Troi Activator Plug-in?
Troi Activator Plug-in is a very powerful tool for triggering scripts remotely. All from within FileMaker you can:
- trigger a FileMaker script on a different computer (remotely)
- trigger a FileMaker script over internet
- use the built-in security to prevent unauthorized triggering
- send a number (e.g. a record ID) and a long text with the trigger
- start and stop listening for remote trigger messages with one script step
- communicate with databases in different FileMaker versions or even runtimes
Except from remote triggering you can also use the Activator Plug-in for:
- triggering a script on a specified date and time
- scheduling events which trigger any script you want
- running a script from any FileMaker calculation, for example a tooltip calculation
- trigger a FileMaker script when a file or folder is added to a folder
- validating fields on exiting a record with a custom script suited to your specific needs
What is new in version 8.0?
Troi Activator Plug-in 8.0 has the following new functionality:
- Tested and made compatible with Claris FileMaker Pro 19.4.
- Tested and made compatible with macOS 11.6 (Big Sur) and macOS 12 (Monterey).
- Tested and made compatible with Windows 11 and Windows 10 version 21H2 (November 2021 Update).
- Added initial support for the upcoming release of Claris Pro.
- Improved the Upload Server functionality for text posted to the url “/posttext.html”: you can now allow any text to be uploaded to the server. To enable this add the switch “-AllowAnyPostedText” when starting the server with the Start HTTP Server script step or Actr_StartHTTPServer function. If you don’t add this switch the Upload Server will only handle incoming text that is formatted like this:
your UTF8 formatted text
- Fixed a problem with the Upload Server functionality for text sent to the url “/posttext.html”: the plug-in no longer triggers a script when improperly formatted text or an empty string was posted.
- Added Switches option to the Start HTTP Server script step.
- (macOS) Fixed a bug that prevented the plug-in from loading in FileMaker Pro 16 (installing it would result in error code 1550).
- (macOS) Fixed a problem on macOS 12 (Monterey) and FileMaker Pro 19.4, where the plug-in would not show the plug-in icon in the flash dialog.
- (macOS) Updated the source code and project to a new version.
- (Windows) Fixed a small memory leak when running the plug-in’s HTTP Server for extended periods of time.
- Improved the folder trigger response for the Actr_AddFolderTrigger function.
- IMPORTANT (macOS only) The minimum supported macOS version is now macOS 10.14 (Mojave).
Pricing & Availability
A fully functional demo version of Troi Activator Plug-in 8.0 is available on the Activator Plug-in page.
Version 8.0 needs a new registration. The upgrade is free for users who bought a license for Troi Activator Plug-in on or after July 20, 2021. Eligible users will be sent a new registration. Contact us if you have not received yours after May 20, 2022.
Upgrades from licenses bought before July 20, 2021 are available from US$ 59 per user. Upgrade prices for other licenses can be found in the shop. You can order upgrades there.