Updated serial communication plug-in is prepared for notarization by Apple.
Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands, January 16, 2019–Troi today announced the immediate availability of Troi Serial Plug-in 5.6 for FileMaker Pro 17.
Peter Baanen, company president, states: “It is almost 20 years ago that we released the first Troi Serial Plug-in (for FileMaker Pro 4!). It is with regret that we now have say goodbye to the 32-bit code on macOS. But we are also exited to move forward into a 64-bit only world, enabling more future enhancements.”
What is Troi Serial Plug-in?
Troi Serial Plug-in gives FileMaker Pro easy and powerful access to external devices with a serial interface:
- read from and write to the (virtual) serial ports of the computer directly from FileMaker Pro without the need of a separate application
- native FileMaker script triggering, to get incoming data into the database
- “Suspend/Resume Serial Port” script step to temporarily suspend the incoming data stream and resume it when you are interested in the data
- “Wait for Match” function to wait for a specific text before triggering
- the possibility to open an unlimited number of serial ports and to trigger different scripts for different ports
What is new in version 5.6?
Troi Serial Plug-in 5.6 has the following changes:
- IMPORTANT (macOS only) The minimum supported FileMaker version is now FileMaker Pro 14. Also the minimum supported Mac OS version is now OS X 10.9 (Mavericks). You can keep using version 5.5 for older versions of FileMaker Pro or Mac OS X.
- (macOS) Prepared the plug-in for notarization: the plug-in can now be added to a runtime, to create a hardened FileMaker runtime app which can be notarized by Apple. Notarization gives users more confidence as the runtime has been checked by Apple for malicious components.
- (macOS) The plug-in no longer has the 32-bit code included.
More detailed information on all changes and improvements implemented in Troi Serial Plug-in 5.6 can be found on the Serial Plug-in page.
Pricing & Availability
A fully functional demo version of Troi Serial Plug-in 5.6 is available on the Serial Plug-in page.
Version 5.6 uses the 5.5 registration code. The upgrade is free for users who bought a license for Troi Serial Plug-in on or after May 25, 2017. Eligible users have been sent a new 5.5 registration in August 2018. Contact us if you have not received yours.
Upgrades from a cross platform developer license bought before May 25, 2017 are available from US$ 399. You can order upgrades from our shop.