Displays one or more images or movies full screen or as a slideshow.
Dial_PresentImage ( switches ; showTicks ; fileList )
|switches||determine the behavior of the function|
|showticks||the amount of time each image will be shown, in ticks (= 1/60th of a sec). Movies will be played to the end|
|fileList||one or more paths to image or movie files, separated by a return, can also be a container|
switches can be one of this:
|-KeepMovieControllerVisible||the movie controller will be shown and not be hidden|
|-PresentOn2ndScreen||use the secondary display (the main being the one with the menu bar)|
The fileList can be a container field with an image or movie in it. It can also be a list of one or more file specifications separated by returns.
On Mac OS you can use one of the following syntax:
a full path: HardDiskName:folder:folder:imagename.jpg
a FileMaker image path: imagemac:/HardDiskName/folder/folder/imagename.jpg
a FileMaker movie path: moviemac:/HardDiskName/folder/folder/moviename.mov
On Windows you can use:
a full path: C:\folder\folder\imagename.jpg
a FileMaker image path: imagewin:/C:/folder/folder/imagename.jpg
a FileMaker movie path: moviewin:/C:/folder/folder/moviename.mov
Data type returned
If successful it returns 0 after the display of the images
If unsuccessful it returns an error code starting with $$ and the error code. Returned error codes can be:
|$$-41||not enough memory|
|$$-4250||QuickTime version too old|
Troi Dialog Plug-in 5.0
FileMaker Pro 14 to 18
– This function is only available on Mac OS in FileMaker Pro 14 and later.
– The maximum time an image can be shown is capped to 1 minute
– All formats supported by QuickTime can be shown, like the still image formats PICT, JPEG, GIF, TIFF, PNG, Photoshop, PDF, BMP and movie formats like QuickTime MOV, MPG and AVI.
– Animated GIFs are played like movies.
– You can also use a container field as the fileList parameter. The container field can be an image stored in the file or stored as a reference (movies are always stored as reference).
– By default the movie controller will be hidden when showing a movie. When moving the mouse the controller will be visible for a few seconds.
– Use the ESC key to stop the display of one image or movie. Use SHIFT ESC to stop all movies.
– If the image can not be displayed an error text is displayed full screen, the slideshow will continue.
– In the script add an Allow toolbars[off] step, as toolbars will remain visible otherwise.
Dial_PresentImage ( "-Unused" ; 60 ; "C:\sample images\myphoto.jpg" )
will show the JPEG image full screen for 60 ticks = 1 second.
This example will use fields to show a slideshow of images and movies. We assume that in your FileMaker file the following fields are defined:
Filelist Text field gErrorCode Global, text
In the field FileList there should be a list of items to display in sequence, for example:
Add the following script step:
Set Field [ gErrorCode ; Dial_PresentImage ( "-Unused" ; 60 ; Filelist ) ]
This will show the slideshow of the chosen images.
Related script step