Displays one or more images or movies full screen as a slideshow.
Show Slideshow [ Select ; Result ; Showtime (secs) ; File list ; Switches ]
|Showtime||the amount of time each image will be shown, in (fractions of) a second. Movies will be played to the end|
|File list||one or more paths to image or movie files, separated by a return, can also be a container|
|Switches||modify the behavior of the step|
Switches can be one of this:
|-KeepMovieControllerVisible||the movie controller will be shown and not be hidden|
|-PresentOn2ndScreen||use the secondary display (the main being the one with the menu bar)|
The fileList can be a container field with an image or movie in it. It can also be a list of one or more file specifications separated by returns.
On macOS you can use one of the following syntax:
a full path: HardDiskName:folder:folder:imagename.jpg
a FileMaker image path: imagemac:/HardDiskName/folder/folder/imagename.jpg
a FileMaker movie path: moviemac:/HardDiskName/folder/folder/moviename.mov
Data type returned
If successful it returns 0 after the display of the images
If unsuccessful it returns an error code starting with $$ and the error code. Returned error codes can be:
|$$-41||not enough memory|
Troi Dialog Plug-in 7.0
FileMaker Pro 16 to 19
– This step is only available on macOS
– The maximum time an image can be shown is capped to 1 minute
– All formats supported by QuickTime can be shown, like the still image formats PICT, JPEG, GIF, TIFF, PNG, Photoshop, PDF, BMP and movie formats like QuickTime MOV, MPG and AVI.
– Animated GIFs are played like movies.
– You can also use a container field as the fileList parameter. The container field can be an image stored in the file or stored as a reference (movies are always stored as reference).
– By default the movie controller will be hidden when showing a movie. When moving the mouse the controller will be visible for a few seconds.
– Use the ESC key to stop the display of one image or movie. Use SHIFT ESC to stop all movies.
– If the image can not be displayed an error text is displayed full screen, the slideshow will continue.
– In the script add an Allow toolbars[off] step, as toolbars will remain visible otherwise.
Show Slideshow [ $ErrorCode ; 1.5 ; "myDisk:sample images:myphoto.jpg" ]
will show the JPEG image full screen for 1.5 second.
This example will use fields to show a slideshow of images and movies. We assume that in your FileMaker file the following fields are defined:
Filelist Text field gErrorCode Global, text
In the field FileList there should be a list of items to display in sequence, for example:
Add the following script step:
Show Slideshow [ Select ; gErrorCode ; 60 ; Filelist ; ]
This will show the slideshow of the chosen images.
Used in example file