In this post you find the older release notes for Troi URL Plug-in for FileMaker Pro.
Troi URL Plug-in versions for FileMaker Pro 11, 12 and 13
Version 4.0 for FileMaker 11, 12 and 13 (June 24th, 2014)
- Compatible with FileMaker Pro 13 and 64-bit
- Tested and made compatible with FileMaker Pro 13, including 13.0v3.
- Added support for 64-bit architecture: On Windows there are now 2 plug-ins: Troi_URL.fmx (for 32-bit) and Troi_URL.fmx64 (for 64-bit).
NOTE Only Filemaker Server and FileMaker WebDirect are 64-bit processes and require the Troi_URL.fmx64 version to be installed. On OS X the 32-bit and 64-bit version is a single universal plug-in.
- IMPORTANT This plug-in drops support for Windows XP (the plug-in will no longer load on XP). On Mac OS X the minimum system is now OS X 10.6.8 (the plug-in will not load on 10.5 and earlier).
- When running under 64-bit the TURL_Get, TURL_Post functions have no progress dialog implemented. Currently this not needed too, as on FileMaker Server no UI can be shown anyway.
- Improved the Twitter example file: it is now alsways using a secure https connection for posing tweets, as Twitter switched off posting via the (less secure) http protocol.
- Improved the example file FillForm: it is now easier to set the username and password and to specify an encoding switch.
- (Mac OS X) Improved the flash dialog, it is now implemented as a Cocoa dialog and 64-bit compatible.
- Several small corrections in the Read Me file and example files.
In this post you find the older release notes for Troi Encryptor Plug-in for FileMaker Pro.
Troi Encryptor Plug-in versions for FileMaker Pro 12 to 14
Version 3.0.1 (for FileMaker 12, 13 and 14) (March 22nd, 2016)
- Tested and made compatible with Windows 10 and OS X 10.11 (El Capitan).
- Fixed a bug in the Encr_MakeDigest function which was introduced in version 3.0: when creating a MD5 digest an incorrect digest would be returned for texts bigger than 32000 characters.
- Added a switch “-DigestCompatibleWithv30” to the Encr_MakeDigest function, to be able to generate the same (incorrect) digests of v3.0. Note that the result only differs for digests of text bigger than 32000 characters and created with the 3.0 version of the plug-in.
- Improved several example files.
Version 3.0 (for FileMaker 12, 13 and 14) (June 5th, 2015)
- Tested and made compatible with FileMaker Pro 12, 13 and 14.
- Added support for 64-bit architecture with FileMaker Pro 14: on OS X the 32-bit and 64-bit version is a single universal plug-in and on Windows there are 2 plug-ins: Troi_Encryptor.fmx (for 32-bit) and Troi_Encryptor.fmx64 (for 64-bit).
- Added the example file EasyInstallTroiPlugins.fmp12, with support for the 64-bit version of FileMaker Pro 14.
- Tested with OS X 10.9 Mavericks, OS X 10.10 Yosemite and Windows 8.x.
- Added AES-256 bit encryption: The function Encr_EncryptRijndaelAES() will now use AES-256 bit encryption by default.
- Added a switch to the Encr_EncryptRijndaelAES function: “-KeySize=128”, which will generate AES-128 bit encryption.
- Improved the Encr_DecryptRijndael function: for Troi AES encrypted text, it will automatically detect if it is AES-128 or AES-256 and decrypt the text. You don’t need to change the scripts or add any switches for this to work.
- Added 3 new functions to the plug-in, to be able to easily exchange AES-Encrypted data with other systems (like for example PHP-mcrypt):
- Encr_AES_CreateKeyAndIV: creates an encryption key and initialization vector, which can be used for the AES encryption or decryption.
- Encr_AES_EncryptUsingKey: encrypts the data using the AES-128 or AES-256 algorithm using the encryption key and initialization vector.
- Encr_AES_DecryptUsingKey: decrypts the data using the AES-128 or AES-256 algorithm with the encryption key and initialization vector.
- Added PHP mcrypt script which demonstrates how to decrypt data generated with the EncryptAES.fmp12 example file in PHP.
- Troi Encryptor Plug-in is now compatible to run under FileMaker Server! The plug-in creates log files when running under FileMaker Server to make troubleshooting easier and to provide feedback regarding errors and registration status.
Note that you need a special Server/WebEngine license to use this plug-in on FileMaker Server. See our web site for details.
- Added new Encr_VersionAutoUpdate function. The Encr_VersionAutoUpdate function is part of a standard for FileMaker plug-ins of third party vendors of plug-ins. The version number is returned in the format aabbccdd where every letter represents a digit of the level, so versions can be easily compared.
- Fixed a bug in the Encr_DecodeBase64 function, where ASCII character 240 (Apple logo) and ASCII character 189 (Omega) would not be added to the result.
- Updated information regarding MD5 hash and collisions/uniqueness. Now recommends the use of SHA-1 when more security is needed.
- Added new switch -GetRegistrationState to the Encr_Version function: this switch allows you to check if the plug-in is currently registered.
- Added new switch “-GetPluginInstallPath” to the Encr_Version function: this switch will return the path where the plug-in is installed, for example “/Mac HD/Users/User Name/Library/Application Support/FileMaker/FileMaker Pro/14.0/Extensions/Troi_Encryptor.fmplugin”.
- Added new switch to Encr_Version: -UnregisterPlugin. This will remove the registration data. The plug-in will be in the unregistered state after this.
- Several bug fixes and further improvements.
- Made various changes to several example files.
Troi Encryptor Plug-in versions for FileMaker Pro 7, 8.x and 9
Version 2.5.2 (for FileMaker Pro 7, 8.x and 9) (September 25th, 2007)
- Fixed a bug in the Encr_DecodeBase64 function, where the last Base64 character would not always be decoded correctly.
- Added new switch “-DecodeSafeAsciiDecryptDESDecompress” to the Encr_Code() function. This will perform three actions in succession: first decode from SafeAscii, then decrypt the intermediate result (using decryptDES) and finally decompress it.
- Fixed a small inconsistency with Encr_Version( “-GetVersionString” ). It now properly returns with a space between the plug-in name and the version number.
- Updated the User Guide for version 2.5.2.